Choosing the right mobile platform
Is it Apple/Google/Microsoft/Other (yes there are other Operating systems on mobile)? This is a tough question to answer, without knowing some of these answers from your organisations and employees:
From your organisations:
- What Email services provider you use?
e.g. Hosted Exchange, Office 365, Google Business Emails, Internal Exchange, Cloud hosted emails etc.
From your employees:
- How many Email accounts you check in your mobile?
- Do you read Emails, only on your phone most of the time?
Yes this is becoming a valid question where people are more often using their mobile to read/respond emails and use web clients in desktops/laptops/tablets on odd occasions
- In desktops/laptops/tablets what email client you use?
- The desktop/laptops/tablet email client is one of your primary devices?
- Do you need all devices to sync to all (eg. desktops/laptops/tablets emails, contacts, calendar syncing with other
- What platform you like? Why?
- What do you use your mobile for primarily? (eg. Calling/when I go home don’t want to login to office but can quickly respond to emails from my mobile)
What we can do:
- The capabilities of Apple/Google/Microsoft/Other keep on changing. Yes few times some useful features get replaced by other features too.
- We have moved clients from Hosted Exchange, Office 365, Google Business Emails, Internal Exchange, Cloud hosted emails etc. to each other depending on individual client requirements.
- We can discover, asses, advice and migrate if required you on the right platform
- We can manage your mobiles
- What users can install, so the device is used for the purpose it is bought for
- Contain your data i.e. separate business data from personal data
- Deliver content directly to your employees mobiles remotely
- Secure your mobiles, when it is lost we can wipe data remotely/find it